A big idea can change everything, but the journey from concept to marketplace can be challenging. Now in its fourth year, the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station and The Texas A&M University System, along with a growing number of sponsors, are working to ensure today’s innovative ideas become a reality through the Texas A&M New Ventures Competition. Organizations like yours support TNVC for a myriad of reasons, including its potential for business development through the identification of high growth prospects, lucrative investment opportunities, as well as access to the audience of high-net worth individuals and players in the Texas entrepreneurship ecosystem.
About the Texas A&M New Ventures Competition
- TNVC supports small business development and the acceleration of emerging technology commercialization
- More than $1.1 million in prizes have been awarded since TNVC’s inception in 2015 (the vast majority of which is non-dilutive)
- Participation is open to all Texas-based independent companies in the pre-seed/seed, startup or early growth stages with an emphasis on deep technology companies
- More than 250 attendees are expected for 2019
- Judges and audience members include state and national venture capitalists, angel investors, investment bankers, other public and private investors, as well as seasoned entrepreneurs
- Past TNVC winners have received more than $30.6 million in funding, demonstrating both the impact and ability of the competition to identify the top echelon of Texas startups
- Winners receive state and national recognition
- TNVC is underwritten and organized by TEES, with assistance from the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship
General Sponsor Benefits
We have several sponsorship options to serve as a starting point for your organization’s customized sponsorship package.
As space permits, gold or higher sponsors have the opportunity to select their own named prize winner, giving them extra exposure through on-stage check presentations and photo opportunities. Additionally, as space permits, all gold and platinum sponsors will be invited on stage to award a named or finalist prize at the awards ceremony.
The following are examples of our current sponsorship opportunities. We can customize a sponsorship package tailored to meet the needs and goals of your organization.
Featured as a silver sponsor in all competition collateral material, including company provided event banner in primary location, on-site signage, marketing, promotions and public relations.
- Named prize up to 90 percent of cash sponsorship value, subject to availability
- Sponsor logo and description included in the event program
- Sponsor listing on event website
- Invitation to be on the panel of judges (as space permits)
- Complimentary passes and parking to the event
- Featured within internal and external marketing communications materials
Includes all silver-level benefits, plus:
- One guaranteed invitation to be on the panel of judges
- Optional opportunity to display company signage and/or host booth to distribute company materials and engage attendees one-on-one (as space permits)
- Recognition during event and opening remarks and at all competition event segments (elevator pitch, finals round and awards reception)
- Opportunity to address event attendees (pending TNVC staff approval of content)
- Inclusion of promotional items in participant and judge registration bags
Includes all silver- and gold-level benefits, plus:
- Two guaranteed invitations to be on the panel of judges
- Identification as a key sponsor on all marketing materials leading up to and following the competition
- Guaranteed premium space to display company signage and/or to host booth to distribute company materials and engage attendees one-on-one (as space permits)
- Photo opportunity with top prize winners for inclusion in post-event marketing materials