April 1, 2020
Congratulations on being selected as a semifinalist in the 2020 Texas A&M New Ventures Competition (TNVC)! As a semifinalist, you will have the opportunity to compete for at least $100,000 in cash prizes, which the top six teams split, and a significant purse of in-kind and investment prizes. We’ve given out $1.5M in the previous five years of the competition and the majority of semi-finalists walk away with significant prizes each year.
During TNVC 2019, 17 of the 22 competitors received a prize and several teams received investment following completion of TNVC 2019 as a result of their competition..
To participate as a semifinalist in TNVC 2020, you must agree to all of the following:
- permit Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES); the Texas A&M University System (System); other member institutions and agencies of the System; and any employees, representatives, agents, or affiliates of any of the foregoing (collectively referred to as “TEES Entities”) to photograph, create video imagery of, and create sound recordings (hereinafter “Content”) of you, your team, and anything that you present during TNVC 2020. You agree that TEES Entities have the rights to use, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, distribute, and create derivative works of the Content. The intended use of the Content is for marketing and educational purposes. You must be virtually present at the event during the week of May 11, 2020. The primary days of the competition are slated for May 13 and May 14.
- pay a non-refundable registration fee of $150 via the payment portal noted in your notification email. This fee is waived for Alternates unless they convert to a Semi-finalists slot prior by April 17 .
- respond to a semi-annual survey by providing at least the following, which we gather, because TNVC’s success is tied to the success of its participants; therefore, we track TNVC’s participants as if they were part of an investment portfolio:
- annual corporate revenue;
- dilutive and non-dilutive (e.g., grants) received;
- estimated corporate valuation;
- number of employees;
- the dollar value of any research that your company has sponsored at any university and the university at which the research is being sponsored (if disclosable);
- Entrepreneurial Support Organizations (ESO) participation (e.g., incubators and accelerators); and
- significant milestones achieved (e.g., regulatory approvals, first revenue).
We will maintain the confidentiality of the above information and we will only disclose the information in aggregated, non-identifiable form. We will only use the provided information to maintain and build further support for TNVC.
You can express your acceptance of the above terms and conditions by payment of your registration fee by 11:59 p.m. on April 10, 2020 or by expressly indicating your acceptance of the above terms and conditions via e-mail sent to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on April 10, 2020.
Chair – Texas A&M New Ventures Competition