Job Description Summary:
This position will have critical, direct involvement with all Texas A&M New Ventures Competition (TNVC) activities and programs. This includes, but is not limited to serving in a variety of media functions, all of which encompass the digital marketing and communications discipline. Additionally, event/project planning & implementation, marketing programs, directing sponsors/judges/volunteers, hosting registrations & table set-ups, as well as other general office duties.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Editorial writing (press releases, news stories, etc.)
- Graphic design (Canva)
- Some website maintenance
- Social Media (managing multiple accounts on various platforms)
- Assist Chair and Vice-Chair of TNVC with all competition aspects from application submission, through judging, screening, coaching, through competition as well as all post-event duties.
- Assist with coordinating all event related details, including pre-event marketing, registration links and lists, catering, name tags, individual program prints
- Assisting with all aspects of an event, including set-up and break-down, hosting event participants, manning all registration tables
- Answering emails and managing various TNVC email boxes
- Data input and file maintenance
- General clerical work
Must be a student enrolled at Texas A&M University.
Applicants for this position should have strong verbal, written and organizational skills and be highly skilled in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Additionally, applicants will be required to demonstrate attention to detail along with the ability to work independently or on a team with minimal direction. Some editorial writing experience, newspaper or otherwise, graphic design and professional social media management is a plus. Must be willing to learn new skills on the job.
Candidates will need to be able to multi-task and be self-driven. An ideal candidate has excellent communication skills and is able to interact with all TNVC contacts. Lastly, applicants need to be able to adapt to the changing roles and responsibilities presented on an daily basis. Vehicle is required to run errands and deliver items to event locations as needed.
- Plan, organize and prioritize work tasks.
- Communicate effectively in a professional setting.
- Write and/or edit business communication materials.
- Participate effectively in teams by working with others to support a shared goal.
- Accept and learn from criticism.
- Demonstrate ability to interact respectfully with all people
- Maintain and manage a variety of different tools and resources, show proficiency in current technologies and the ability to adapt to new processes.
- Applicant must be available to start immediately and
- Not be graduating prior to May of 2023.
- Must be able to work over the summers (up to 25 hrs/week and approximately 10-15 hrs/week during fall & spring if employment continues).
- Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
- This position is located at the RELLIS Campus.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org